I discovered this recipe in an old Canadian Living magazine. It is so simple, so tasty, and is usually a hit with both my family and guests. You can use regular tomatoes –diced– instead of cherry tomatoes. If I have some old tomatoes in the refrigerator,I need to use up, I just use them. They taste good roasted.
Easy, tasty, fresh spaghetti
- 375 g spaghetti
- 60 ml thinly sliced fresh basil
- 60 ml goat cheese
- 60 ml sliced black olives
- 1 litre cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 10 ml minced fresh rosemary
- to taste salt & pepper
- pinch hot pepper flakes
- Turn on oven to 200 C (400F).
- In a glass baking dish, toss together tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt, & pepper.
- Roast in oven about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted, water, cook pasta to al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain, & transfer to large serving bowl.
- Toss in roasted cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese & olives. Or these ingredients can be added on individual plates.