I can’t seem to have one without the other. I like food. In order to be able to eat all the food that I like, I need to exercise. In order to exercise, I need good music.
But whatever, I have to start a new exercise regime. I can’t have all this food making a permanent home on my butt.
Last night, I started organizing my music files on this computer–to get a really good workout rhythm going. Here is my music list so far:
- Desafinado (OK. I know I may be the only one in the world who runs to Stan Getz, but this one gets me going).
- Mary Mary – Chumbawumba (good to say a bit of a prayer before I really get going).
- Amnesia – Chumbawumba (because I eventually want to forget–turn my brain off and just go).
- Stronger than You Think I am – Rachel Ferguson’s new track. I LOVE this one. I can hear it on a movie soundtrack sometime. I’d put it at the beginning of the movie–then the movie would be the story of how she gets to where she’s singing about. Then–probably in my dreams, the closing shot is her driving a scooter across the Manhattan Bridge.
- All Day Long – another Rachel Ferguson. “Too cool for these games…” She’s so young. Where’d she get all this gender saavy?
- Sexbomb – Tom Jones (I can dream can’t I?)
- Kryptonite – Three Doors Down (part of my snowboarding mix)
- Born Slippy- From the Trainspotting soundtrack (another song on my snowboarding mix).
- Need You Tonight – INXS classic
- Wasting Time – Collective Soul (another one of my favourites that just helps get me going).
- New Orleans is Sinking – Tragically Hip. How can this song not be on my top-ten energy songs?
Oh…wait a minute. That’s 11 songs. Well, I’m just starting. I’ll start with these now. I know I have more…I just have to find the digital versions of them.
I’m open to suggestions though. What songs get you moving? I’ve gained 10 pounds this summer. And if my friend and I are going to do the Yukon River Paddle Quest next June, I’ve got some training to do.