I can’t tell you how exhausted I am. As most of you know, I’ve been traveling–since May 15. Hard to move around all the time. Fun though. Family. Friends. Fun. Now I am back in Healdsburg at the moment. Collecting myself as I get ready for the next chapter of my life and I thought I might write a post about peanut butter.
I like peanut butter. I like the just peanuts kind. In fact, I like the just peanuts, crunchy kind. Except, EXCEPT, the crunchy in the butter has to definitely be crunched peanuts. You can’t have peanut butter with whole peanuts in it. This summer at my parent’s, I went looking at the Superstore for the just peanuts kind and all I found was something that said it was just peanuts. When I got it home, it was smooth goo with whole peanuts in it!
What kind of peanut butter is that?
Anyway, if I had my own cafe or something, I would have a peanut butter menu. Here are a few things I’d start with:
- Peanut butter on toast with slices of cucumber
- Peanut butter on toast with slices of apple or maybe even pear (I haven’t tried the pear combination yet).
- Peanut butter on celery sticks
- Peanut butter on slices of apple
- And for those who like sweet instead of savory, peanut butter and jam sandwich
That’s a good start. Anybody have any other suggestions?