It is really hot here in Switzerland lately. I am probably just grumpy about it because I am also 8 3/4 months pregnant. Nothing is fun.
However, Chantel comes over every day (except Thursdays) and helps out. We make lunches together. Our favourite so far is this hummus-like dip that I got out of a Clean Eating cookbook.
I call it Summer Spread. The recipe calls it Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Hummus. They probably call it that becasue they use roasted red peppers and white beans.
I use sun-dried tomatoes (preserved in oil) and French butter beans (haricots de Soissons blancs).
Here is *MY* recipe:
- 1 can of French butter beans
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 5 to 7 slices of sun-dried tomatoes preserved in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- the juice of half a lemon
- some olive oil if needed
Open the can of beans and rinse well (I have found that if you rinse canned beans, there is less gas to deal with in the end). So. Rinse well. Then rinse again. Then repeat.
Chuck all the ingredients into a bowl or something where you can use either a hand mixer or a blender or a food processor to make a smooth pastey, spread.
Serve with any of the following options:
- A plate of raw veges as dips
- With dried rye-bread crisps
- As part of a sandwich (probably would go well with goat cheese and roasted eggplant)
- As part of an open-faced breakfast sandwich with boiled eggs and capers